Camera2Web.com

Myron Kassaraba's weblog about digital photography on the web

Sunday, September 14, 2003

Seybold 2003

I finally have an RSS feed. After years of lame explanations why I don't have one for my weblog, I've finally added an RSS feed. So, to all of you who have been
asking, I finally listened. [
Dan Bricklin's Log]10:11:55 PM

This is great news since Dan's posting goes in spurts but I like to stay current. He also recently re-published the contents of a site that he built back in 1999 on Web Photo Journals. When I was at Trellix we went out and met with some of the camera companies like Kodak and to Alexis at Future Image to evangelize personal web sites as great places to post the images from your digital camera

Pito found a great link to Sam Ruby's RSS presentation from Seybold.

The world of RSS, explained...Here's a presentation with many
great little tidbits about the various RSS dialects.
[
Pito's Weblog]10:02:22 PM

The Photoblogs panel at the Seybold/Future Image Conference on Friday, Sept 12th at the Moscone Center in San Francisco was well attended (this is a relative ranking since it was from 2:15-3:15 on a Friday afternoon and the exhibit hall had already closed!). I think we made a big step down the road of getting the digital imaging community and the blogging community to be aware of eachother.


Photoblogs Panel. John Panzer of AOL, Matt Haughey of Creative Commons, Jason Shellen of Blogger and Chris Hoar of Textamerica, thanks to Marc Brown of BuzzNet for taking these photos! 9:27:25 PM

I heard about this camera from Ben LaMarca, President of Kyocera Optics, at the Seybold/Future Image Conference last week in San Francisco.

Kyocera announces swivel-body digicam. Kyocera Japan has today announced a new digital camera that, as seems to be the vogue lately, emphasises the body design as a fashion accessory. [The Imaging Resource News Page]

It looks like a beauty. After using a Sprint camera phone (VGA1000) last week to moblog to the Future Image Moblog, I can say that I really liked the convenience and immediacy of having a wireless and always (in digital network range) connected camera, however I really do not like the compromise in image quality and in not being able to have a print or archive quality image. Ben was saying that the new Kyocera digital cameras use an SD memory card and the new Kyocera Smart Phone has an SD slot. This may be the solution since I'm looking for the combination of immediacy, and ability to post via email to a photoblog with good picture quality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home